Are you thinking about participating in PR Institute this year? Do you know someone who would be a good fit? As you consider these questions, you might be curious about the value of such an investment. Here are five reasons (out of many!) you should get involved.
- Overcome your networking nerves. You may be a social butterfly in your group of friends, but networking with industry veterans and your peers can be intimidating at times. PR Institute offers the opportunity to venture into the networking world in a comfortable, non-intimidating environment.
- Execute the full campaign process.From the initial research to outlining key objectives and setting a budget, PR Institute allows you to have a hand in the complete process of building a campaign for a deserving nonprofit client. Not only is this a good takeaway for your portfolio, but the experience for professionals looking to expand their skillset is unmatched and will offer you a valuable leg up in your career or job search.
- Pitch like an executive.Typically reserved for high level executives, PR Institute will give you the chance to present your campaign to the key decision makers. Not only will this help you understand the pitching process, but it’s also a big confidence builder!
- Mingle with the media.Ever wanted the chance to go behind the scenes at NBC10? Now’s your chance. Always a PRI favorite, the media panel features a Q&A that will allow you to network with some of Philly’s finest media personalities.
- The ‘feel good’ feeling. At the end of the day, PR Institute is a rewarding experience that you won’t soon forget. The deserving nonprofit you create a campaign for will be so grateful for the time and effort you put into bettering their organization, and your hard work will not go unnoticed.